Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sketchbook: Entry 7




General Jack Cosmo

I met the creators of General Jack Cosmo a few years ago in Artist's Alley at Wizard World Chicago and they introduced me to their Sci-Fi universe by handing me one of their GJC Preview comic books. Aaron Shaps is a helluva writer and creator and I was very intrigued with what he had handed me to check out. We became quick friends (along with the rest of the creative crew Mike Beazley and Jim McKern) and... to make a long story short: I was commissioned to do a cover for one of their many ambitious projects, General Jack Cosmo and the Vampire Men of Kothos! Aaron describes him best as a cross between Flash Gordon and Hunter S. Thompson. I wanted to do an iconic image that would serve them best and represented an energetic-in your face- pitchfork ready- action pose for the cover and any other merchandise they had planned. I did pages of thumbnails but this one image returned time after time. Do yourself a favor and pick up #1 and #2 at your comic shop, an upcoming comic con or online.
Find out more at: www.cosmo-verse.com

No comments: